TRUMP HAS REPEATEDLY PLANNED THE NAVAL BLOCKADE AGAINST VENEZUELA AND THE PENTAGON THINKS IT’S NOT A GOOD IDEA: REPORT

Post sponsored by livefreefun cam review site

 

The president of the United States, Donald Trump, reportedly raised the idea of ​​imposing a naval blockade against Venezuela for more than a year. A new media report states, citing senior US officials, that the president of the United States suggested anchoring the United States Navy.

Such a measure, according to sources familiar with the matter, could prevent goods from entering and leaving the country, Axios media reported.

“He literally said that we should take out the ships and make a naval embargo […] to prevent anything from entering,” said a source who heard the comments of the president of the United States to Axios.

I suppose you are thinking about the Cuban missile crisis. But […] Cuba is an island and Venezuela is a massive coast. And Cuba knew what we were trying to prevent from entering. But this is what we are talking about. I would need large amounts of resources, probably more than the US Navy. UU. It can provide, ”said the source, quoted by Axios.

According to sources cited by Axios, the US Department of Defense was informed about Trump’s proposal and the Pentagon does not take the idea seriously, emphasizing that this project has no legal basis and, in addition, would consume already overloaded Navy resources , as they have spread in Asia and the Middle East, said the US-based media outlet.

Trump has no interest in conducting a military operation on land in Venezuela, according to Axios, citing senior administration officials. However, the president of the United States will continue to press Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro more and more and will look for creative ways to help the self-proclaimed interim president Juan Guaido get Maduro out of power.

Trump is frustrated because the Venezuelan opposition failed to expel Maduro, constitutionally elected, in April 2019, Axios said. Meanwhile, Trump has tried to strangle Maduro with increasing sanctions.

Venezuela has been shaken by riots since January when Guaidó proclaimed himself interim president of the country and was recognized by the United States and dozens of other nations. Maduro, recognized by China and Russia among many other countries, accused the United States of trying to overthrow its government and install Guaidó in an attempt to seize the vast fossil fuel resources of Venezuela.

Guaidó made a new attempt to depose Maduro on April 30, organizing a demonstration in front of the La Carlota military base in Caracas. However, the attempt “failed completely,” as the Venezuelan government put it. The Venezuelan attorney general’s office requested that 18 arrest warrants be issued in connection with the attempted coup.

In particular, the US-based media outlet revealed on Sunday, citing sources, that the head of the National Constituent Assembly of Venezuela, Diosdado Cabello, a member of Maduro’s intimate circle, allegedly opened a secret communication channel with Washington.

AP also reported on Sunday, citing an American official, that Cabello allegedly met in July in the Venezuelan capital in Caracas with someone who is in close contact with the Trump administration.

TRUMP HAS REPEATEDLY PLANNED THE NAVAL BLOCKADE AGAINST VENEZUELA AND THE PENTAGON THINKS IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA: REPORT

However, an aid to Cabello rejected the notion that Cabello was somehow betraying Maduro, saying that Cabello would only meet with the Americans with the permission of the Venezuelan president and if he helps lift the sanctions, AP reported, citing the assistant of Hair on the condition of anonymity.

According to Axios, citing sources, the Trump administration allegedly sees Cabello as an important agent of power, and some officials claim that the uprising of the Venezuelan opposition in April would have succeeded if Cabello had been involved.

 

Source: Es News-Front