Repsol made significant gas discovery offshore Trinidad and Tobago

Offshore gas drillingSpanish energy giant Repsol made significant gas discovery offshore Trinidad and Tobago, which is its largest even found in Caribbean Island. The company estimates the reserves comprises 2 Tcf of gas. The discovery estimated was done by the two wells, Savannah and Macadamia, which are located East Block of Columbus basin off Trinidad at water depth of 150 m. The Spanish energy giant Repsol holds 30% stake in the exploration consortium (BPTT) of the block, while BP own the remaining 70%. The drilling and production from the offshore is East Block of Columbus basin is expected to start in second half of 2018.

“The discoveries were made in two wells, Savannah and Macadamia, located in the East Block within the Columbus Basin east of the island of Trinidad at a depth of 150 meters”, said the official statement of Spanish energy giant Repsol.

After the United States, Trinidad and Tobago is the most important country for Repsol offshore operations in terms of production. The company produced 101,887 boed in the country in 2016.

Repsol is an integrated global energy company based in Madrid, Spain. It carries out upstream and downstream activities throughout the entire world. It has more than 24,000 employees worldwide.